It Moves Like People

A trail of brutal killings and kidnappings all lacking any traces of a perpetrator makes tracking this nutjob all the easier.

There's so much blood.
He's picking those he finds worth ruining and killing those surrounding the individual in the household as he crosses states. I don't know where he's going but I know the destination is soon and the setting he'll choose - it's a matter of when he'll choose to stop. He might go the full two weeks for all I know.

I hope not. I'd pray if it was worth a fucking thing.
I can't attack on the go like this, I need him stationary or all of this and those he has left alive will be gone in a heartbeat. He may walk within the veil with ease but these people he's massacring don't, they don't know a thing until they are there and in that unending blackness. People don't know what that place consists of like we do.

Time and time again I have spent going there and being ripped from it. Time ticking, progressing forward and rewinding back. I always come out and walk the same footsteps, in the same shoe size - following bloody steps from another time for answers I don't know how to access. It's always me. Just me. Alone. Even when everyone else splinters off, I remain whole and singular.
We share this likeness. The soft steps through the darkness; I can find his path almost anywhere.

Gore doesn't bother me anymore. The corpses, no matter how hot or cold they may be, don't do anything. Statistics. I wish things could be different but what has happened has come to pass. Potential wasted from life lost - these people could have done great things if given the chance. If given the choice.
I find that a lot of the time presenting one with such a thing can be life-altering, for people like you and I or the ones that reflect us - or don't at all.

Cover your bases, there's a lot of contenders on the field.

Comments

  1. Who are you? Have we ever met?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before you go asking who I am, perhaps you should start with who you are.
      Who are you?
      Have we ever met?
      Are you new to this?

      How am I supposed to give you a name when I don't even know if you're setting a trap?
      Too many years being off the grid, I won't give away my name so easily.
      Answer and you may receive.

      Delete
    2. I'm Carter. Been in this twisted life since 2012. I've been both Runner and Sevrant. I'd consider myself to be neither. I'm an immortal.

      Your name sounds very familiar, but I can't place it. I have had contact with the Old Man, and he holds onto some of my memories still.

      I've been off the grid some too, can never be too careful.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Death

It Wears Many Faces

Purpose